Experience the wildlife and impactful scenery of this significant barrier island of the Sea Islands.
Located near historic Savannah, Georgia, Skidaway Island State Park boasts miles of spectacular nature trails. They wind through lush maritime forest and pristine salt marshes. Visitors see tangible reminders of its cultural and natural history.
Skidaway Island State Park borders Skidaway narrows, a part of Georgia’s Intracoastal Waterway. Trails wind through maritime forest and past salt marsh, leading to a boardwalk and observation tower. Visitors can watch for deer, fiddler crabs, raccoon, egrets and other wildlife.
A scenic campground is nestled under live oaks and Spanish moss, and some RV sites have sewer hookups. Leashed pets are allowed. Groups can enjoy privacy in their own pioneer campgrounds. Open-air picnic shelters and an enclosed group shelter are popular spots for parties, reunions and other celebrations. For cooling off during summer, Tybee Island’s beaches are less than an hour away.
The park’s camper cabins offer screened porches, air conditioning, a bathroom with shower, kitchen, master bedroom and kids’ sleeping loft. Guests bring their own linens, towels, dishes and cooking utensils. Outside, visitors will find a picnic table, grill and fire ring. Pets are not allowed in camper cabins but are allowed in campsites.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities:
- 588 Acres
- 3 Camper Cabins
- 87 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 3 Pioneer Campgrounds (Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.) — groups of 10+ only
- 5 Picnic Shelters (Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 1 Group Shelter (seats 150. Before making reservations, call park for capacity limits.)
- 2 Playgrounds
- Outdoor Fitness Equipment
- Wi-Fi — available in the park office
- Things To Do & SeeSoutheast Coast Saltwater Paddling Trail Logo
- Birding — Colonial Coast Birding Trail
- Hiking — 6 miles of trails
- Interpretive Programs
- Weddings — park approval required
- Bicycle Rentals – $6 per hour