We know to celebrate the Holidays in Savannah.
Savannah is the place to be this Christmas season, whether you prefer a cozy cup of cocoa or a drink with a kick! We’ve got all the holiday events covered in our handy Christmas guide. Don’t miss out on the twinkling lights, reindeer runs, Christmas concerts, and of course, a chance to meet Santa himself. Let the holiday shenanigans in Savannah begin!
“A Christmas Tradition” at the Historic Savannah Theatre
November 23 – December 24, 2023: Head to the Historic Savannah Theatre to watch this glitzy 2-hour live performance, which celebrates seasonal favorite songs and dances. When audience members get in on the festivities, that’s when everyone starts laughing. This event is always cheerful! Tickets vary between $20 – $50.
Christmas Market at Plant Riverside
Discover the magic and festivity of a traditional Salzburg Christmas Market brought to life at Plant Riverside Savannah’s Entertainment District. The #1 holiday market in the Southeast! Kick off this joyous event on Thursday, November 16, by taking a stroll through the European-style Christmas market and basking in the glow of lights at the Tree Lighting Ceremony. The celebrations continue to Monday, January 1, with live music and performances, children’s activities, photos with Santa Claus, the Savannah Harbor Boat Parade of Lights and more. Bring the whole family and discover how Plant Riverside District is spreading good tidings and holiday cheer throughout Savannah. The Savannah Christmas Market is located exclusively at Plant Riverside District, 400 W. River Street.
Christmas on the River
Celebrate the holidays along Savannah’s Waterfront during Christmas on the River. This three-day event will take place from Friday, December 8 through Sunday, December 10, and features live performances, merry melodies and holiday cheer.
A variety of dance and musical acts will be featured on Rousakis Riverfront Plaza at the Arbor Stage. Take time to stroll and shop along the waterfront for some unique gifts available from our River Street merchants! You may even spot Santa who will be taking some time away from his busy schedule to join us on the waterfront.
The highlight of the weekend is the 31st Annual Lighted Christmas Parade on Saturday evening, December 9th. The parade begins at Plant Riverside District on the west end of River Street at 5:30 p.m. and continues to the east end, then winds its way up to Broughton Street and through City Market. View the 2022 Lighted Christmas Parade Route here.
The Arbor Stage on Rousakis Riverfront Plaza is located across from Huey’s and Tubby’s at 115 E. River Street. Come celebrate the holidays with friends and family on Savannah’s Waterfront! Admission is free and open to the public.
Holiday Nights in City Market
Join us as City Market transforms into a wonderland filled with festive cheer and holiday delights. Throughout the entire month, immerse yourself in the holiday spirit with our Holiday Nights in City Market! In conjunction with Old Town Trolley – Holiday Sights and Festive Nights Tour, City Market will host a month-long evening event.
- Visit with Father Christmas: Bring your little ones and young-at-heart for a heartwarming visit with the jolliest of all – Father Christmas himself! Capture the perfect holiday photo and share your wishes!
- Holiday Music Spectacular: Let the melodious sounds of holiday music serenade your senses as you wander through the Market. From classic carols to contemporary hits, the ambiance will be alive with the joyous spirit of the season.
Don’t miss this chance to create cherished holiday memories with your loved ones at City Market. Whether you’re shopping, dining, or simply soaking in the festive atmosphere, our holiday celebration has something for everyone!
Annual Holiday Tour of Homes
Saturday, December 9, 2023, there are two tours you can choose from:
- Home Tour Session I: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (8 Private Homes from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Museums from 10:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m. and Inns from 11:30 .am.-2:30 p.m.)
- Home Tour Session II: 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (8 Private Homes from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 pm, Inns from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Museums from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- ALL tour participants MUST come to Tour Headquarters on the day of the tour to pick up their color-coded wristband, which is your ticket. Tour headquarters will be at 402 E. Broughton St., Savannah. Hours: 9 am to 2 pm.
- This is a walking tour. Tour locations are not wheelchair or stroller accessible. Many of the homes have multiple sets of stairs.
Shuttle Bus Tickets:
- You may also purchase a shuttle bus pass for $10.00.
- The shuttle bus takes participants from the Tour’s Headquarters to centrally located sites. It will not take participants directly to the tour homes and inns. The shuttle service is provided by a local tour company. This is a round-trip ticket, and the shuttle will run throughout the day between the central locations.
Finding Your Way:
- To help guide you along the way, home locations will be posted on our STQRY Guide App at noon on December 6th. You will get directions regarding this download after you purchase your tickets on Eventbrite.
- For those who do not wish to download the STQRY Guide App, the homes will be listed and mapped in the Tour Guidebook distributed at Tour Headquarters on the day of the tour.
December Nights & Holiday Lights Celebration
Returning for its 12th season, December Nights & Holiday Lights at the Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens will return on Friday, November 24th, and be open on select nights through Saturday, December 23rd. Guests will be treated to more than five acres with nearly a mile of magically lit trails and gardens. Newly created themes this year include Alice in Wonderland, Once Upon a Time (with a real fire-breathing dragon), Octopus’s Garden and Carnival of Color. Holiday Lights is a walking event and tickets must be purchased in advance.
See more events and happenings in the area by going to our December Events Calendar.