Reynolds Square

Reynolds Square has some of the best company in town – with The Ole Pink House right off the square, The Lucas Theater on the intersecting Abercorn Street and Leopold’s Ice Cream and Savannah College of Art and Design’s Trustees’ Theater just one block away. So whether it’s musicals, movies, fine dining or desserts you’re into, they’re all right around Reynolds.

  • The Olde Pink House
    Olde Pink House

The square was designed in 1733 as the Lower New Square, thanks to General Oglethorpe, and renamed in the 1750’s after John Reynolds, the first Royal Governor of Georgia. In the middle of the square is a statue of John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, who came to Savannah at General Oglethorpe’s request. Wesley was the third minister of an established church in Georgia and preached throughout the colony, but returned to England in 1737. While in what is now Savannah, Wesley founded the first Sunday school. The statue was erected about 1970 where Wesley’s home was believed to be.